Services and Fees
The American Veterinary Society of Animal Behaviour says the first three months are the most important and "at-home training should be based on positive reinforcement with frequent rewards praise, petting, play and/or treats".
Starting Off Right
New Puppy Training Package
Is your puppy too young to attend puppy classes? The New Puppy Package is perfect for you! I will come to you and cover all the essentials of raising a well adjusted obedient puppy.
With this package we will focus on the critical issues to ensure you are off to a successful start with your new puppy. For new puppies 8-16 weeks of age.
Package consists of an initial 90 minute visit followed by 3 one hour sessions $355.00 (a savings of $50.00).
Further dog training packages can be purchased at a discount once the puppy sessions are complete.
The first session will cover issues such as:
- House training
- Teaching the puppy not to bite (bite inhibition)
- Crate training, confinement training
- Puppy proofing the home
- Problem prevention
- Handling - important for vet visits, groomers, general care
- Socialization - what is it and how to do it
- How to get the behaviour you want
The following 3 sessions will include:
- Come: run happily to you when called
- Leash Walking Basics: how to eagerly follow you - the foundation for polite leash walking
- Targeting: how to target your hand - a great foundation for many behaviours including leash walking, come, off of the couch, so much more.
The purpose of this program is to set a strong foundation for a healthy well balanced obedient puppy. One who will feel confident exploring and will take new and unusual circumstances in stride.
"Just completed Janis' puppy classes and highly recommend her to anyone considering getting a puppy. Janis seems to have this magical way around dogs. I was feeling truly frustrated for the first few weeks after we got him until Janis came and taught us how to communicate properly with our puppy. After only 4 sessions he responds to so many commands and walking him has become a pleasurable outing. We will definitely continue on with some more training as we are on the road to raising an amazing dog".
Lisa P. Thornhill
Explore the Client Videos Page to see some new puppies practicing new skills.
Email for more information or call 905.882-8143 to leave a message.
Pay per session ( $90.00)or enjoy the benefit of a reduced rate by purchasing multiple sessions.
All training sessions include telephone and email support and relevant handouts.
All services are one-on-one in-home training. Serving Toronto and York Region (travel charges may apply).
Back On Track/Refresher
Dog Training Packages
- Is your dog jumping on kitchen counters?
- Is your dog running out the front door?
- Are you able to greet people on the street without your dog jumping on them?
- Is your dog barking out the window at other dogs?
- Tired of chasing him all over the house when he grabs your shoe?
- Is he dragging you down the street on every walk?
Let's change those unwanted behaviours into more desirable ones. One on one dog training can help you have the well mannered family pet you want.
Initial Training Session is 1.5 hours in all packages. The remaining training sessions are 60 minutes each.
3 Training Sessions: $300.00 - savings of $15.00
4 Training Sessions: $380.00 - savings of $25.00
5 Training Sessions: $450.00 - savings of $45.00
More Challenging Behaviours
These sessions will help you resolve more serious behaviour issues.
- Reactive or Fearful Behaviour towards other people or dogs such as barking, lunging towards them on leash.
- Resource Guarding food or toys - growling, snapping if you try to remove something.
- Barking at the front door
After an initial assessment, a customized training plan will be drawn up to address your specific needs.
Initial assessment: approximately 1.5 - 2 hours $150.00.
After filling out an online questionnaire, we will meet and discuss training options and begin with some foundation exercises appropriate for your issue.